Some reviews of this book.
Having had a sneak preview of this book I think it will be a valuable reference tool for those who are just getting into the industry and those like myself who trained a long time ago! Liz writes in an easy read style which is almost like you are having a conversation in the room with her.
Sue Mousley – Former Chairman of The International Federation of Aromatherapists
Less than 300 ebook length pages.?… a ‘complete guide’ ? No.- highly unlikely … well that’s what I thought until I read my free preview copy. I qualified as an holistic aromatherapist 14 years ago and have a considerable library of essential oil/ massage/ complementary therapy related books. This is an easy to read, well-informed book that any ‘newbie’ with an interest in oils will find fascinating – it is engaging in content and style and will ensure that interest is piqued… For someone who has used oils for a number of years, it is a perfect ‘go to’ single volume that is crammed with easily findable notes on oils AND conditions. Well done Elizabeth Ashley – you have found, and filled, a gap in a market which is increasingly crammed with poorly written, poorly researched books that are aimed at mass appeal rather than enlightening readers about aromatherapy’s true potential for healing!!!
Clare Ella- Professional Aromatherapist
Let me ask you….
What’s the most important thing you are looking for from your book about aromatherapy and essential oils?
- Clear advice from an expert in their field?
- An easy to navigate guide?
- Comprehensive data of many oils and how to use them?
- Value for money?
It seems to me that you may fit into one of three categories:
- A complete beginner to essential oils who wants to learn how to treat themselves and their family safely.
- A student or professional aromatherapist looking to grow their, already ample, aromatherapy bookshelf
- A distributor for an aromatherapy multi level marketing company such as Young Living or Doterra who wants to better understand their product and improve their sales potential
Am I right?
This book, written by a professional aromatherapist with 21 years experience, has a little something for each of you.
- Instructions on recommended oils for 60 different ailments
- Information on 104 essential oils and their safety data (referenced from Tisserand Essential Oil Safety Data for Health Professionals 2013)
- Facts on how to use 16 different carrier oils including coconut oil, tamanu, and also St Johns Wort
- Recipe blends by another 13 professional aromatherapists including a blend to use in labour by a midwife using essential oils on an NHS maternity ward and an aphrodisiac blend by a professional sex therapist.
- Details of how the chemistry of essential oils works
- Reflections on how plant extracts have been used since early neolithic times right up to the present day
Plus extra bonus material:
- Free hypnotherapy relaxation download
- 6 essential oil monographs including the most up to date information into clinical trials into many conditions including breast, skin and prostate cancers as well as diabetes: on lavender oil, tea tree oil, geranium, rose, myrrh and chamomile.
- Past professionally published papers by the author on Agarwood, Damiana, Tuberose, Calendula and myrtle oils
- Discount vouchers to 15 aromatherapy schools, product stores and treatment clinics.
Over 300 pages and 21 years of professional experience…. What have you got to lose?
Scroll up and buy!
NB Paperback is doublespaced and size 12 font for ease of reading and note making if required.